5. Clean out all of your bird houses this month. Many of our feathered friends especially bluebirds will not build a nest in a dirty house.
6. Clean your bird feeders. The birds have been visiting your feeder for months and to minimize the spread of disease, disinfect the feeders with a solution of bleach – one part bleach to nine parts water.
12. Cut back perennials that were not cleaned up last fall including ornamental grasses.
13. Apply dormant oil spray to any trees and shrubs (except blue colored evergreens) that are susceptible to scale insects, mites or aphids.
17. Take inventory of your gardening supplies and replenish or replace where needed. Be prepared with the necessary fertilizers and amendments needed for planting and be sure to take a look at your gardening tools.
19. Have your soil tested at the Penn State Local Extension Service.
There is so much to get started on in March if the weather cooperates but pay attention! Some projects are best left until later if winter persists.
Main Line Gardens is a family-owned business that was established in 1981. More than just a full service garden center and nursery for professional landscaping and hardscaping, Main Line Gardens is an architect of beautiful, functional outdoor living spaces that provide a lifetime of enjoyment. The company's first priority and foremost goal is establishing long-term relationships with its customers by offering exceptional service and the highest quality products. This philosophy has defined its success for over 25 years and will continue for decades to follow. Main Line Gardens' experienced and professional staff takes customers all the way from design through installation, involving them every step of the way in the creation of their own outdoor landscaping paradise. Customers can choose from a full selection of plants, trees, shrubs, mulch and stones from the onsite full service nursery.
Please note that Main Line Gardens is not able to honor Waterloo Gardens gift cards/certificates, item exchanges or returns, broken or damaged items, etc. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.