1. Plant summer flowering bulbs such as Gladiolus, Cannas and Dahlias.
3. Visit Waterloo Gardens frequently to get an idea of what is available as this is the time of year with the very best selection of many plants.
5. Stake tall growing perennials like peonies and delphiniums to keep them from flopping over as they put on height and the blossoms get heavy.
8. Annuals can be safely planted so go crazy! Plant in mass for the best effect and if we do get a really cold night just use a bed sheet to cover the tender plants.
10. Enclose your vegetable garden with fencing to keep out deer and rabbits.
13. Purchase your hanging baskets or plant up your own. Consider a soil additive to help retain moisture. You know how quickly those baskets can dry out.
15. Apply a weed and feed to your lawn to control broadleaf weeds.
20. Garden mums should be pinched back when they reach 6 to 8 inches. Reduce their height by half and repeat the process again by mid-July.
24. Fertilize your roses. Remember to avoid getting fertilizer on the foliage if you are using a granular food so that you can prevent burn.
Main Line Gardens is a family-owned business that was established in 1981. More than just a full service garden center and nursery for professional landscaping and hardscaping, Main Line Gardens is an architect of beautiful, functional outdoor living spaces that provide a lifetime of enjoyment. The company's first priority and foremost goal is establishing long-term relationships with its customers by offering exceptional service and the highest quality products. This philosophy has defined its success for over 25 years and will continue for decades to follow. Main Line Gardens' experienced and professional staff takes customers all the way from design through installation, involving them every step of the way in the creation of their own outdoor landscaping paradise. Customers can choose from a full selection of plants, trees, shrubs, mulch and stones from the onsite full service nursery.
Please note that Main Line Gardens is not able to honor Waterloo Gardens gift cards/certificates, item exchanges or returns, broken or damaged items, etc. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.